V Grooving Machine for sheet metal The frame is an integrally welded structure, the frame is stress-relieved, the deformation is small, and the strength is high. CNC open control systems can add new extended functions to realize fully automatic processing. Using two sets of six knives to go back and forth to plan the working mode, the planning efficiency is high.
1. Key Features of Horizontal V Grooving Machine
- The machine tool adopts high-strength steel plate welding, heat treatment, heat preservation, and tempering to eliminate welding internal stress, high strength, and good stability.
- The workpiece is fed in from the front, with hydraulic clamping, hydraulic pressure plate, a high degree of automation, and convenient and quick operation.
- The working surface is independently adjustable, and its cutting accuracy can be controlled within 0.02mm.
- The tool post is driven by a servo, with ample moving torque, fast acceleration and deceleration, precise positioning, and high efficiency.
- The main shaft adopts rack and pinion transmission, with solid rigidity and low resistance, which greatly improves energy efficiency and saves energy.
- The position of the planning groove adopts servo numerical control positioning, double screw synchronous transmission, accurate positioning, and good parallelism.
- The positioning platform at the rear of the machine tool is connected by steel pipes to ensure a flat surface and reduce errors caused by surface deformation.
2. Main advantages of CNC Horizontal V Grooving Machine
According to the different viewpoints of the designers, the CNC sheet metal v grooving machine is designed in two mainstream forms, the vertical type, and the horizontal type.
The horizontal V-grooving machine originated in South Korea. As imported equipment, it is sought after by many people. After using it, many shortcomings are felt. It stems from the wrong design concept of the equipment and is attributed to the following aspects.
The depth of the V-grooving machine is directly related to the effect of the angle. If the depth error reaches 0.05mm, the bending position R is different.
- When CNC vertical v-grooving machine is working, the V-grooving machine is fixed in a straight line to the table, and the accuracy of the distance from the tool tip to the table is controlled within 0.02mm.
- When the CNC horizontal V grooving machine is working, the knife faces a platform with a width of 1.5 meters and a length of more than 4 meters. It is difficult to control the accuracy in the range of 0.1 mm.
2.2 Power consumption
- When the vertical grooving machine is working, the tool rest moves back and forth, and its weight is about 60kg.
- When the CNC horizontal V grooving machine is working, the gantry and the tool rest move back and forth together, and its weight is 1000kg. About, its energy consumption is more than 10 times that of the vertical V grooving machine. So the vertical V-grooving machine is an energy-saving and environmentally friendly equipment.
2.3 Processing range
The vertical grooving machine has more than a dozen independent pressing plates and more than a dozen independent clamps to automatically clamp the sheet material. It is easy to process regardless of the size of the sheet, and it can be grooved in both horizontal and vertical directions. The smallest workpiece is 80* 80mm.
The horizontal V-grooving machine is only for large-sheet grooving. After the grooving is longitudinally grooved, the sheet material is deformed and cannot be clamped horizontally, which leads to the failure of grooving in the horizontal direction.
2.4 Processing technology
The work surface of the vertical groover is made of high-quality mold steel after heat treatment and is finely ground by a grinder, and the surface fineness reaches the effect of a mirror surface.
The work surface of the horizontal V grooving machine is welded from ordinary iron plates. The stainless steel plates are harder than it. The shredder and damaged blades make the table pits and bumps. This is why the processed product is spotted.
The vertical type is welded by steel plates, has high strength, and runs smoothly and quietly. It can work stably only by placing it on a flat and solid cement floor and leveling and installation. It is very convenient to move and hoist.
Due to the high-speed operation of the horizontal V grooving machine, the impact force is large, and the platform needs to be adjusted. The concrete foundation must be made according to the installation drawing, and civil engineering must be done.
2.3 Processing range
The vertical groover hydraulically automatically clamps the workpiece, automatically positions it, and works, and the operator is away from the moving parts of the machine tool.
The horizontal grooving machine clamps the workpiece within the range of motion of the machine tool. The gantry moves at a high speed, and the control part runs with the gantry, which is easy to cause personal injury to the operator and poses a great safety hazard.
In general bending processing, a larger arc is left at the bend, and the thicker the processed plate, the larger the arc. The existence of this larger arc angle affects the overall appearance of the product.
To solve this problem, KRRASS has launched a series of CNC V grooving machines with a new design concept. This series of products have high processing precision, easy operation, and stable and reliable operation. It is used for V-grooving processing on stainless steel, ordinary iron plates, copper, and other plates, and is especially suitable for V-groove processing before bending.
Learn more about our products, please visit and subscribe to our Youtube channel